McKinsey & Company
McKinsey & Company is the world’s leading top management consulting firm – in Germany and worldwide. We support companies and institutions from the private, public, and social sectors in implementing their most important changes – through partnership and close cooperation. We help our clients make significant, lasting improvements to their performance and realize their most important goals.
Our global Client Capabilities Network (CCN) with more than 2,500 client capabilities professionals across the globe is working alongside our consultants to deliver change that matters to our clients. They support our consultant teams, both remotely and at client sites, in an agile and targeted way. Further, they are core to our firm’s R&D, developing new knowledge and building and refining proprietary capabilities (e.g. assets, data sets), as well as curating, managing and maintaining them.
The Basic Materials Practice in Düsseldorf develops strategic and operational solutions for companies in the metals, mining and paper industries. An international team of analysts supports our consultants with targeted information and topic-specific analyses. For example, we observe the development of demand on the global raw material markets, prepare international competition analyses and examine cost structures in the metals industry worldwide. Our professionals have deep expertise and are able to apply a broad range of methodologies for specialized on-demand analyses. Would you like to join this team and gain an insight into international top management consulting?
You will support our consultants and clients by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems in basic materials industries incl. Metals, Mining, Battery Materials, etc. You will perform a wide range of research tasks on various basic materials industries and topics from collecting market statistics to market modeling and developing perspectives that are relevant to clients. Over time, you will develop as an expert and build up McKinsey’s knowledge base in these topics. Your work will be multifaceted and exciting and you will gain insights into many topics. In project work and in exchanges with colleagues, you will deal with new intellectual challenges daily as well as build your industry and functional knowledge on an ongoing basis.
- Graduate or post graduate degree in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math).
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts in the targeted industries.
- 2 + years of work experience in industries such as metallurgy/ iron & steel, basic materials or other relevant industrial sectors. (Not required for Junior Analyst Position)
- Good technical and/or operational knowledge of metals and basic materials industries including processing chain.
- Experience in conducting business or academic research.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) in English, German communication skills are a plus.
Please apply online via
Um dich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte karriere.mckinsey.de.