Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
The professorship for Digital Design and Fabrication at the Institute of Design and Construction Technology (IEB) of KIT explores computational design and digital fabrication processes which enable novel concepts for circular economy in construction. Innovative material and construction systems are prototypically developed on a 1:1 scale at the interface between research and teaching and tested in application-oriented demonstrator projects. All aspects of construction, including architectural design, component production, assembly, and reconfiguration as well as disassembly and recycling are considered in an integral digital process.
- You have a university degree in mechanical engineering, robotics, mechatronics or related fields with practical experience in robotic fabrication technologies and programming.
- With the required hard skills and an experimental and explorative attitude you can conceptualize and prototype novel digital fabrication processes in an interdisciplinary team.
- You can actively support prototypical developments of new material and construction systems on a 1:1 scale with hands on experience and practical skills.
- You can reflect on and document research results in the form of scientific publications and are able to support the team with third-party research funding applications.
- You have the communication and organizational skills to implement the above qualifications in an international and interdisciplinary environment in a team-oriented manner in both research and teaching.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English is required.
This is what we offer:
The excellent and interdisciplinary work environment of the KIT. The opportunity to take on responsibility for socially relevant research projects and diversified tasks. A dynamic work environment at the interface of technology and design as well as theory and practice.
Remuneration on the basis of the wage agreement of the civil service in TV-L E13.
Institute for Design and Building Technology (IEB)
three years with possibility of extension
1st of July 2021
May 23rd 2021
For further information, please contact
Tenure-Track-Prof. Moritz Dörstelmann
Please send your application documents (max. 10 MB) including:
- letter of motivation
- work samples and project list
- reference contacts
via e-mail to: email@example.com
We prefer to balance the number of female and male employees. Therefore, we kindly encourage female applicants to apply for this job.
Recognized severely disabled persons will be preferred if they are equally qualified
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte www.pse.kit.edu.