Webseite Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
The Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering researches the fundamental structural and tribological behavior of machine elements and represents it in experimentally validated model descriptions. These models are used to organize and analyze the behavior of technical systems in terms of functionality, losses, and noise emissions with a focus on drive technology. The developed models also serve as basis for the research and development of methods of Model Based Systems Engineering which are central elements of future industrial product development processes.
In order to determine the film thickness in single EHD contact the tribometer test rig is used. Where interferometry concept is applied to determine the film thickness of the contact.
The aim of this work is to develop and run an Artificial Intelligence (AI) model for determination of EHD contact film thickness by importing the images of experimental results. The results will be then validated with results of existing tools.
- Literature review on AI and the state of art
- Developing AI Model in MATLAB or Python and Image processing
- Validation of model with existing tools
- Experimental validation of model with Tribometer of MSE
- Independent and reliable work
- Interest in Image processing, numerical modeling and programming
- Programming experience is necessary
- Possibility to start immediately after interview
- Intensive mentoring
- Good and supportive working climate
- Research experience for a future career in academics or industry
We look forward to your application by email:
Seyedmohammad Vafaei, M. Sc.
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Schinkelstraße 10, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an Seyedmohammad.Vafaei@imse.rwth-aachen.de