Webseite Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
The Institute of Machine Elements and System Development researches the fundamental structural and tribological behavior of machine elements and maps this into experimentally validated model descriptions. These model descriptions are used to analyze and design the functional, loss and noise behavior of entire technical systems with a focus on drive technology. The developed models also serve to research and develop methods of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as a central element of future industrial product development processes.
To utilize the potential of MBSE approach, the major challenge is to standardize the representation of models/data and connect data across varied disciplines models throughout design workflows in the Systems Modeling Language (SysML) model. To achieve this goal, a database synchronized with the system model needs to be considered.
Therefore, the objective of the student work is to set up a database synchronization mechanism that needs to be adapted to SysML models, therefore enables to share system information and analysis results between the different development partners. Subsequently, the change detection and data conflict analysis should be considered for improving the efficiency and performance of the system redesign process.
- Literature research on database structure
- Establishment of database schema based on an ontology to standardize the representation of data across domain-specific models of the wind turbine system
- Development of a tool (e.g. Plugin) in SysML models to support the synchronization mechanism
- Evaluation of the synchronization mechanism through the product redesign process
- Independent and reliable work
- Interest in system development and automation
- Interest and open mind to learn new things
- Previous knowledge of system engineering and programming is necessary
- Intensive supervision
- Immediate start or by appointment
- Possibility to work from home (VPN connection to the institute)
- Promising topic and experience for a future career
We look forward to your application by email:
Yizhe Zhang, M. Sc. RWTH
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Eilfschornsteinstraße 18, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org