Webseite Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
The Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering researches the fundamental structural and tribological behaviour of machine elements and represents it in experimentally validated model descriptions. These models are used to organize andanalyse the behaviour of technical systems in terms of functionality, losses, and noise emissions with a focus on drive technology. The developed models also serve as basis for the research and development of methods of Model Based Systems Engineering which are central elements of future industrial product development processes.
Drivetrain failures in the open seas are very costly and time-consuming to fix, and for various offshore systems there exists no models to predict the future state of the system. Therefore, it is important to determine the current state of such systems using simulation models with globally available data as input (motor torque, wave height, carried weight,etc.) in order to predict their lifetime. Comprehensive models have been created in the institute which calculate the lifetime of AHC-activated offshore winch drivetrains, however some further analysis is needed.
- Optimizing readily availablehydraulic-drivencrane winchmodel
- Development of electric-drivencrane winchmodel
- Lifetime calculation of crane winch withdifferent drives(hydraulic/electric)
- Explaining the difference in lifetime between drivesin terms of the loads experienced by the system
- Independence and reliability in work
- Prior knowledge in Matlab andSimulink
- Familiarity withsystem dynamics and control systems
- Familiarity with hydraulic and electric drives
- Possibility to start immediately
- Intensive mentoring
- Supportive work climate
- Research experience for a future career in academics or industry
We look forward to your application by email:
Yousri Mohamed, M. Sc.
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Schinkelstraße 10, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com