Webseite Institut für Maschinenelemente und Systementwicklung
The Institute of Machine Elements and System Engineering researches the fundamental structural and tribological behaviour of machine elements and represents them in experimentally validated model descriptions. These model descriptions are used to analyse and design the functional, loss and noise behaviour of entire technical systems with a focus on drive technology. The developed models are also used to research and develop methods of Model Based Systems Engineering as a central element of future inductive product development processes.
Greases, as a typically lubricant used for wind turbines drivetrain, consist of a thickener, which stores the oil within its sponge-like structure. During operation, oil is slowly released, which is referred to oil bleeding. This ensures an efficient operation with long service life for rolling element bearings. However, only simple fluid models exist so far to simulate their tribological behaviours. Therefore, the objective of the MA/BA work is to develop a more detailed digital twin lubrication model of rolling contacts within the framework of OpenFOAM by relating oil bleeding with shear-degradation of thickener structure. In addition, oil bleeding volume will be evaluated and compared with the previous CFD results and experimental results for validation.
- Literature research on oil bleeding of greases
- Development of shear-degradation model of grease thickener structure
- Evaluation oil bleeding using this model within simulation tool OpenFOAM
- Validation with the EHL tribometer
- Independent and reliable working
- Interest and open mind to learn new things
- Previous knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics is an advantage, but not mandatory
- Intensive supervision
- Immediate start or by appointment
- Excellent working atmosphere
- Suitbale for homeoffice
- Promising topic and experience for a future career
We look forward to your application by email:
Shuo Zhang, M. Eng.
Institute for Machine Elements and Systems Engineering
Schinkelstraße 10, 52062 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com