Webseite Chair for Wind Power Drives
The Chair forWind Power Drives at the RWTH Aachen University conducts research in the field of drivetrain technologies for windturbines(WT). In numerous research projects throughout past decades, drivetrain technologies as well as vibration analysis of WTsand their drivetrain components have been continuously developed.
Besides mechanical components like roller bearings, sliding bearings or gears, it is especially importantfor the optimal operation of a WT to gather detailed knowledge of the behaviour of the electrical components and the whole electrical system.
The behaviour of the electrical system of the WT can be analysed by measurements e.g. on WT systemtest rigs or turbines in the field. Furthermore simulation models of the electrical system of the WT can be used for detailedinvestigations e.g. regarding the behaviour of the electrical components during grid faults.
In thecourse of the proposed thesis, a system model of a WT will be developed in close cooperation with a wind energy industrial partner, in orderto analyseand rate the behaviour of the electrical system in different operating conditions and different levels of fidelity.
- Familiarizationwith wind energy
- Literature research regarding models for the electrical system of WT
- Development of new electrical component and system models
- Simulationand analysis of different operating conditions
- Rating of thebehaviour of the electrical components and the whole system
- Motivation to work independently on technical questions in the field of WT technology
- Interest in modelling and simulation
- Immediate start and rapid progress of the thesis
- Direct cooperation with a wind energy industrialpartner
- Intensive supervision
- Flexible working hours in a young and motivated team
We look forward to your application by email:
Julian Röder, M. Sc. RWTH
Chair for Wind Power Drives
Campus-Boulevard 61, 52074 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com