Webseite Chair for Wind Power Drives
The Chair of Wind Power Drives at the RWTH Aachen University conducts research in the field of drive train technologies for wind turbines. In numerous research projects throughout past decades, drivetrain technologies as well as vibration analysis of wind turbines and their drive train components have been continuously developed.
Multi body simulation (MBS) of drive trains of wind turbines is an efficient tool for the calculation of dynamic loads and excitations. MBS is used in various stages of the product development process and the product optimization process. The state of the art software for MBS e.g. Simpack is powerful and uses continuously improved solvers for the solution of the systems of differential equations.
It is also possible to solve the systems of differential equations with open source packages in Python e.g. SymPy or PyDy. Therefore this thesis aims to rebuild a complex MBS drive train model of a wind turbine in Python and to derive the difference between this model and the model programmed in state of the art software. The goal of having a MBS model of a wind turbine drive train in Python is to be independent of specific software and to improve the runtime of the simulation so that finally calculation run in real time will be possible.
- Gathering basic knowledge of wind turbine drive trains
- Literature research of the possibilities of MBS with Python
- Analysis of the state of the art of MBS with Python in wind energy
- Set up of a simply Python MBS model
- Set up of Python MBS models of components of the wind turbine drive train
- Set up of a wind turbine drive train MBS model with Python
- Motivation to work independently on technical questions in the field of drivetrain technology
- Prior knowledge of Python advantageous
- Immediate start and rapid progress of the thesis
- Intensive supervision
- Flexible working hours in a young and motivated team
We look forward to your application by email:
Julian Röder, M. Sc.
Chair for Wind Power Drives
Campus-Boulevard 61, 52074 Aachen
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com