Webseite Chair for Wind Power Drives
The Chair for Wind Power Drives at RWTH Aachen University researches in the field of drive systems for wind turbines (WT).
The acoustic behavior of a WT represents a key technology for using the entire surface potential and increasing acceptance. Thus, the cause of disturbing noise components should already be identified during the design process and their transmission reduced or even eliminated.
- Motivation to work independently and on your own responsibility, communication and team skills, as well as a good command of the English and German language.
- Passionate approach to solving complex, interdisciplinary problems.
- Completed studies (master or comparable) as a mechanical engineer, industrial engineer or mechatronics technician.
- Knowledge of machine acoustics, FE and MKS.
- Experimental experience is desired.
- Basic knowledge of the functionalities of wind turbines is required.
Your Duties and Responsibilities
to strengthen our team in the department Wind Plant and Farm Design with emphasis on modelling, simulation and transfer path analysis:
- Contributing in a research project with focus on acoustic modelling of overall WT system and transfer path analysis.
- Extending and improving of existing simulation models.
- Developing and optimizing of constructive measures to optimize acoustic transfer paths.
- Validating of the developed solutions during field tests.
- Cooperating with industrial partners and international research institutes.
- Possibility of obtaining a doctoral degree in the course of working on the research project.
What We Offer
The position is auf 2 Jahre and to be filled at the earliest possible date. An extension for another 3 years is planned.
This is a full-time position.
The successful candidate has the opportunity to pursue a doctoral degree.
The salary corresponds to pay grade EG 13 TV-L of the German public service salary scale (TV-L).
If you have any questions, please contact
Prof. Dr.-Ing. R. Schelenz
Tel.: +49 (0) 241/80 96797
Please send your application by November 30, 2020 to
Herrn Professor Dr.-Ing. R. Schelenz
CWD – Chair for Wind Power Drives
Applicants are invited to submit their applications via email to email@example.com.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org