We will support you in the final phase of your bachelor or master’s degree course. Compile your practically-oriented thesis with us, and seize the opportunity to gain insights into an international group. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to bring your thesis to a successful conclusion. The financial support we can offer includes a utilization bonus for your thesis.
In your thesis, you will work with researchers from ABB Corporate Research in the area of software ar-chitecture on conceptualizing innovative solutions in the context of edge-based services for Motion use cases, which may include both connectivity to cloud platforms as well as to field devices and systems.
- Your task will be to study emerging technologies and contribute to the design of new edge-based software services. Along the conceptualization, the solutions are to be prototyped to complement ABB’s most current IoT edge technology and software stack. For this, you will work in close collabora-tion with a team at ABB Corporate Research and present your work and results to other technical ex-perts and stakeholders in ABB.
- To ease the onboarding and align on details of the thesis focus with you and the university supervisors, a complementing internship before the start of the thesis is possible and can be discussed.
- Remote work from home is possible. Details can be discussed.
- You are a highly motivated student of computer science or a related field looking for a six-month master thesis.
- You have experiences in object-oriented programming (e.g., C#, Java, C++, Python) and com-mon IDEs (Visual Studio, Eclipse, PyCharm).
- You are interested in industrial application of edge technologies and eager to learn about new and emerging technologies in the area of cloud and edge solutions.
- Experience in cloud/edge technologies and software frameworks are welcome (container technologies, Kubernetes, MQTT, Eclipse IoT & Linux Foundation Edge (LFedge) projects)
- Experience working with different network stacks and/or industrial fieldbuses is welcome (e.g. TCP/IP, OPC UA, Modbus, Profinet, Profibus)
- As a good communicator, you have sound English skills in speaking and writing.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte new.abb.com.