Looking for a taste of working life in an international, future-focused corporate group? Then complete an internship with us, or come to us to write your thesis. Both options are open for 3-6 months, depending on your course of study and subject to approval. ABB will provide you with wide-ranging, professional and expert support to help you complete your thesis. Expand your network now, and learn about our company as you undertake a practically focused thesis or internship.
Students at ABB are high potential students and developers who strive to create and implement new solutions for industry.
– As part of the operations management group at ABB Corporate Research Center Germany you will investigate mathematical optimization approaches and solutions for production planning, asset management and energy management in logistics, process plants and manufacturing plants.
– This implies industrial planning and scheduling problems as well as optimization of energy efficiency in industrial applications.
– We expect that you show readiness to tackle difficult problems, above-average motivation to implement and test developed models and algorithms and pro-activeness to come up with new ideas on how to overcome possible challenges.
– You are in the final phase of your bachelor or master education in Industrial/Automation/Control/Chemical Engineering, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science or related.
– You are interested in solving complex industrial optimization problems.
– You are well acquainted with mathematical optimization and algorithms.
– You have experience with modeling languages (e.g. GAMS, OPL, AMMPL), Algorithms and/or solvers (CPLEX, Gurobi).
– Knowledge in object oriented programming (e.g. C#, Java) is of advantage.
– You can communicate fluently in English or German in verbal and written form.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, besuche bitte new.abb.com.